Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Battlefield 3 Double XP Weekend

This Battlelog Post announces this will be a double-XP weekend for Battlefield 3 (thanks BF3Blog). Here's word on how you can work smarter, not harder in the military shooter sequel:

Here’s a great chance to rank up faster and have great fun while doing it. This weekend, we are running a new double XP event for everyone! On June 16-17, your sum total for every round will be effectively doubled, visible at the End of Round screen. This applies to any map and any mode, as long as you play on a ranked server.

You can see the full details of this event below. Basically, play Saturday and Sunday to rank up faster! And if you’re a Battlefield 3 Premium member, you already have access to the Close Quarters expansion pack and get double XP on those maps as well.

What: Double XP event to celebrate the launch of Battlefield 3: Close Quarters
When: 00:01 AM PDT June 16th – 11:59 PM PDT June 17th
Formats: All
Criteria: All players, both Premium and non-Premium members
Servers: Any ranked server
Game modes: Any
Maps: Any (including base game, Back to Karkand, and Close Quarters)
What: Double everything!

Wait! What time does the event start where I live?
Consult this handy chart!
Los Angeles: 00:01 June 16
London: 8:01 AM June 16
Stockholm: 9:01 AM June 16
Tokyo: 4:01 PM June 16

Not Premium yet? More info about Battlefield 3 Premium can be found here

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

19. Re: Battlefield 3 Double XP Weekend Jun 13, 2012, 18:28 4D-Boxing

The Windforce line of video cards is can be good but you need a case with very good air flow. The way the cooler is designed in a way that makes the heat flow into the case instead of out the back of your case.

If you go for SLI, you must make sure you have plenty of room between the cards the cards will overheat in no time. Trust me, I made that mistake with a pair of 580 (3GB) Windforce and had to change motherboards to get enough room between the cards.

Despite that and a modified Cosmos S case ( 2X high CFM 120mm fans blowing onto the cards) plus 3 top exaust fans etc.. I cant OC the 580 above 800Mhz. Technically these cards should hit at least 850Mhz.

That being said, these babies dont make much noise and do run very very cool in the right case!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo