Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Diablo III Bans

Shortly after restating their stance on cheating, Blizzard announces several thousand Diablo III players have been banned "for cheating and/or using botting or hacking programs" (thanks Ars Technica). Here's word:

We recently issued a round of account suspensions and bans to several thousand Diablo® III players who were in violation of the Battle.net® Terms of Use for cheating and/or using botting or hacking programs while playing. In addition to undermining the spirit of fair play that’s essential to everyone’s enjoyment of the game, botting, hacking, and other such exploitive behavior can contribute to stability and performance issues with the Battle.net service. As always, maintaining a stable, safe, and fun online-gaming experience for legitimate players is a top priority for us, and we'll be continuing to keep watch on Battle.net and take action as needed.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

2. Re: Diablo III Bans Jun 12, 2012, 16:43 RollinThundr

Verno wrote on Jun 12, 2012, 16:27:
These appear to have targeted HellBuddy specifically which is a start but D3A and several others seem to be untouched. AutoIT/AHK script loopers appear to be fine too. I wonder if they won't ban people using them due to their otherwise legitimate functionality. They need to ensure that these bans come very quickly instead of in waves so that the botters can't make back the cost of the game in between cycles.

At least they got the timing right with the launch of the RMAH. Prices are starting to come down from initial stupidity levels but there is still money to be made from even crappy 1k DPS weapons and such. It's scary how dumb people are buying with money right now on this thing, I hope it settles down later tonight.

All this was to give the impression they actually give a shit to be honest. PR 101.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo