Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Saturday Tech Bits

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

10. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jun 3, 2012, 17:54 MadBoris

space captain wrote on Jun 3, 2012, 14:38:
MadBoris wrote on Jun 3, 2012, 11:55:
Consoles have been limiting PC advancement quite a bit for many years and you can't get away from that reality. I have been saying it for ten years, people still don't get it.

its very obvious that the game was limited by the console development.. just as many others - im not sure which "people" you are referring to, but most here at blues have been aware of this since it began happening - the people who deny it are flat out morons, end of story

another thing that has been happening for about 25 years is the dumbing down of pc games in general, weve spoke about this many times here .. its a dead horse now

i first noticed it when they removed the text parser from the old sierra quest games... its been continuous appeal to the lowest common denominator since then, for the most part - although there will always be minority resisters

That's why I like it here.
And yet there is no end to the ignorance that keeps cropping out around the interwebs, even Blue's is hooked into it.
There's always a new reader here or there.

I can't expect them to make two separate games, that's essentially what it would take to leverage the PC's of the last few years, these days.

Back in the day I used to fight for the cause, hard to stop still sometimes it seems, until I was undermined by kids throwing money at pubs.

We can't see a console refresh too soon for my 64 bit 8 thread CPU, 8GB RAM, 2GB Vid RAM to finally be woken up. I'm more excited about it than console fanboys prolly.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo