Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition & Steamworks

IGN has word that the additional content in the recently announced Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition will be released for consoles as paid DLC (thanks VG247). This includes word that the game will be available on Steam, and according to Eurogamer the version sold on Steam will use the Steamworks for DRM rather than the reviled Games for Windows LIVE service, though the version sold in stores will still use GFWL.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

37. Re: Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition & Steamworks Jun 1, 2012, 01:11 PHJF

Seemed a little different than the usual fare, but I forgot how much I hate playing any game that requires aim on a console. It was so annoying I just quit after dying to the Chimera thing in the first level. I'll wait for a PC version and try it then.

Chimera is best beaten by first hacking the snake off (jump toward the chimera and R2 to grab on), then hacking the goat to pieces, and finally finishing whatever health the lion has left. The lion itself is heavily resistant to physical damage so if you're just trying to hack away haphazardly at the thing you won't see results. If you are playing a melee character, most of the "boss" battles involve climbing onto the enemy and hacking at its weak spot(s). Archers have the benefit of being able to do the same thing without jumping on, and mages... well, mages are pretty shit for boss fights. I'm about 20 hours into a new game with mage and my pawns are too fucking stupid to do what they should during boss battles, so it's left to me to stand out of the way spamming comestion (which isn't nearly as effective on bosses as stabbing them is).

I did just get access to the high-tier sorceror spells, but oh my fuckin god they all have 15 second cast times. With my melee character I would just walk up to something and poof smash it to shit with a special move.

Steam + PSN: PHJF
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo