Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Digital Chocolate Layoffs? Hawkins Out As CEO

Gaming pioneer Trip Hawkins has stepped down from his position as CEO of social/mobile games developer Digital Chocolate, according to a report on TechCrunch, which cites an update on the company's blog that currently returns a 404 "not found" error where Hawkins explains he is "transitioning into a consulting and advisory relationship with Digital Chocolate." They also have an unsubstantiated report that Marc Metis is now interim CEO after serving as president of the company, and that Digital Chocolate has laid off up to 180 staff in India, San Mateo, Russia, and other territories. Though the layoffs are unconfirmed, they note a tweet indicating that "the doors have closed" for Digital Chocolate Mexico.

Coincidentally, today is the 30th anniversary of the launch of Electronic Arts, which Hawkins founded on May 28, 1982. The AIAS Hall-of-Famer also formed the ill-fated 3DO company in 1991 before creating Digital Chocolate in 2003.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

4. Re: Digital Chocolate Layoffs? Hawkins Out As CEO May 28, 2012, 22:18 cento

Oh don't forget about that last E3 push just before the doors got locked - so many people who fronted the money to go out of pocket and got left with unpaid expense reports. Such a damn disaster.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo