Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Wasteland 2 NOT an Origin Exclusive

Enough people took Brian Fargo's positive comments about Origin's support for crowd-funded games as an indication that Wasteland 2 might be an Origin exclusive that the inXile Entertainment CEO took to Twitter to correct that mistaken impression. He says: "It is absolutely NOT going to be exclusive on Origin. They are just one of many digital stores we will support." Thanks nin.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

49. Re: Wasteland 2 NOT an Origin Exclusive May 20, 2012, 06:19 Wraith

Shit Brian, who cares if it's a fucking exclusive. You shouldn't be getting into bed with EA in the first fucking place when you're using Kickstarter money to fund you.

There's two very good reasons not to go Origin. The first is that Kickstarter changes the fundamental developer/publisher relationship and elevates the developer above the level of common serf.

Publishers screw over developers like you wouldn't believe and any independently funded project has an edge over the traditional arrangement which sees publishers use milestone cheques to hold the developer to ransom.

Do you seriously think Wasteland 2 is going to get a reputation for a positive gaming experience on EA's piece of shit distribution service? A service which is known for its many issues and which will give EA the opportunity to create unhappy customers by screwing you over.

EA does not want Kickstarter projects to succeed. It undermines their fundamental financial power when negotiating with a developer.

Second is that EA are basically the same piece of shit cock-suckers who've been screwing gamers over to an increasing degree. Supporting EA is like giving a ride to the abusive husband who beats his wife because he'll toss you some gas money. It's selling your principles out for a couple of bucks.

When you finance shit yourselves, I don't care what you do - when you're using Kickstarter dollars, you really need to demonstrate some ethical cojones. Because WHO these donations benefit is a question that everyone will be asking eventually.

Does anyone seriously think people give to Kickstarter projects so the leeches at Electronic Arts can make a buck out of it? At least have the decency to state that shit up front before you start putting your hand out and asking for cash.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo