Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

SQUARE ENIX Results

In news semi-related to the story above, SQUARE ENIX HOLDINGS announces its financial results for their fiscal year that concluded on March 31st. The company explains its return to profitability thanks to strong performance of Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Final Fantasy XIII-2, and its optimistic outlook for the future:

"During the fiscal year ended March 31, 2012, the Group's results were favorable due to increased sales of console games boosted by our major titles, DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTION (North America, Europe and Japan, in order of release) and FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 (Japan, North America and Europe, ditto), as well as continued expansion of content from growth areas such as the web and smartphones.

In the fiscal year ended March 31, 2012, we continued our efforts aimed at increasing profitability, including establishing best practices for the content in said growth areas, improving quality of our major online game, and strengthening our global structure. We are accelerating the reformation to generate a substantial earnings improvement in the fiscal year ending March 31, 2013 and beyond."

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

11. Re: SQUARE ENIX Results May 14, 2012, 14:25 sauron

SimplyMonk wrote on May 14, 2012, 12:03:
Creston wrote on May 14, 2012, 11:58:
...still want the crap that is FF14.

FFIV is their current flagship in the MMO sector...

Good to see Square-Enix doing well though. I've been a fan since the FFVI days. Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, Final Fantasy Tactics and FFVI are to this day games I can always replay and enjoy. Hence recent iPhone purchases. <_<

In fact, FFXIV isn't really their flagship MMO right now, it's reverted to their older game, FFXI. Pretty much the entire FFXI community left to go to FFXIV when it came out, took one look at it and went straight back to XI (me included).

Not sure how much more they can wring out of FFXI though - it'll be 10 years old in the next month or so.

Props to Square-Enix for making a good job of DX. Good thing they did because it looks like it saved the company!

Kittens!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo