Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Grim Dawn Funded

The Kickstarter Page for Grim Dawn has word that Crate Entertainment's fundraising campaign for their upcoming action/RPG has succeeded, as the game has passed its $280,000 goal with 10 days to go. The info on the page includes an outline of how any additional funds they collect will be spent: "If we exceed our goal, all of the extra money will be used to bring more full-time people onto Grim Dawn and expand our art outsourcing. That means more content, more quickly. The ultimate goal would be for us to bring all of our part-time people on full-time and hopefully even hire a few more people. Then we would be totally rocking and well on our way to making Grim Dawn all that it can be!"

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

24. Re: Grim Dawn Funded May 9, 2012, 14:30 Gadzooks

Developers work on what they are told to work on, its rare that the developers are ever the ones that set the priority list of what needs to be done.

As a programmer, I know some of the applications I create with my team have flaws and bugs, but im not always allocated the time TO fix them, because the people above me deem other things higher priority. When im moved off a project entirely, no matter how many bugs I know exist, there isnt a darn thing I can do about it.

Chances are, the guys who are now part of Crate Entertainment, are the devs who KNEW the bugs existed, but couldnt do anything about it. People who werent in charge of managing the games finances or funding, and thus, werent calling the shots of which bug(s) got fixed or not.

The bugs SHOULD have been fixed. They werent. Are these guys to blame? Thats impossible to determine at this point. Its like blaming and entire room of 20 people for one person farting.

This comment was edited on May 9, 2012, 14:46.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo