Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Consolidation

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

21. Re: Morning Consolidation May 2, 2012, 19:57 Jivaro

Verno wrote on May 2, 2012, 16:05:
Jivaro wrote on May 2, 2012, 15:49:
Yeah, I consider my Plus membership to have been worth it as well. A ton of games, betas, discounts etc for a yearly rate equal to the cost of one new game. I have a PSP to take advantage of the ports and Minis that are given away as well, which probably makes a huge difference as opposed to someone who doesn't. A lot of the free games are PSOne ports or are from the "MiniS" section.

That said....I am skeptical/cynical/etc of a tier system. Its like the cable tv plans. That one thing I want most will be in one tier...and everything else will be in another. Sure, I can go cheap and live without that one thing, but if it is the most attractive thing about any of it...then why do it at all?

I am not sure that made sense. It makes sense in my currently caffeine deficient brain.

Interesting, thanks for your thoughts. Personally I thought most of those things should have been thrown in already considering the otherwise "adequate" nature of PSN. I guess put differently I don't consider PSN to be on par with Steam or XBL so the thought of paying them for the service seemed pretty iffy.

If PSN+ was charging what XBL charges monthly/yearly, there is no way in hell I would consider it worth it. I mean, it comes out to 5 dollars a month (less then actually since paying a year ahead of time gets you two months free). I hate to be so cliche about it, but I spend that on coffee every day. For what it brings to the table, its seems fair. You are right though, it isn't anywhere near being in the same league as XBL or Steam in many ways.

I didn't go with an XBOX360 for a few reasons, but one of them is that I don't want to have to pay monthly to have access to things I already pay a monthly subscription for. For example, don't you have to have some level of paying subscription to access Netflix on a 360? So if I want Netflix through my 360, I have to pay monthly for internet, pay monthly for netflix, and pay monthly for xboxlive. I just couldn't see how that made sense when on a PS3 or even a Wii I could just install the Netflix app and go...no more money needed.

For that reason when Sony starts talking tiers I get worried. Are they going to start making my PS3 a brick if I don't pay them at least something per month? I mean, MS can get away with it, they have to be thinking that they should be able to as well.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo