Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Diablo III Auctions Detailed

Blizzard announces a new Global Play functionality for Battle.net to allow Diablo III players to play on servers in different regions. They also announce a new Auction House Website for the action/RPG as home to the in-game auction functionality in the action/RPG sequel. This FAQ has all the details, including how the house rake will work:

In the gold-based auction house, a 15% transaction fee will be deducted from the final sale price of a successful auction.

In the real-money auction-house, for equipment such as weapons and armor, a fixed transaction fee will be deducted from the seller for each piece of equipment successfully sold. This fee is assessed only if the item is sold. For commodities such as crafting materials, gems, gold, and other “stackable” items, a 15% transaction fee will be deducted from the total sale price.
[…]
Note that additional fees apply for players who choose to receive the proceeds of their successful auction via PayPal™ (in regions where this option is available). See the Functionality section of this FAQ for further details.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

123. Re: Diablo III Auctions Detailed May 3, 2012, 20:34 Krovven

Well, 15% isn't a fixed number, so it has no relevance to the sellers posting value. If it sells for $2, 15% is .26 cents. If it sells for $30, 15% is $4.

A listing fee or deposit is what would effect the minimum price for the seller. This however would discourage selling as real money is involved. I certainly wouldn't post a digital item from D3 if I had to pay to do so, as the item may not sell. This is the WoW AH model, but does not deal with real money.

Unless there is something I haven't seen, the value of items on the D3 RMAH will be entirely player driven. The people that do buy items from D3 RMAH will dictate the value of those items simply by paying what they are willing to pay for them. If an item doesn't start selling until it's posted at .25 cents, then that's the value.

I'm sure some twit will be willing to pay $10,000 for some uber item. Does anyone really care or feel slighted because they didn't get the item, even though you probably never would have anyways? I never saw every item in D2, especially since many weren't even in the game until after I stopped playing. So why should I care if some super uber item is found in D3 like once a month across the entire game and then sold to the willing for masses of money? I just hope that I'm one of the lucky to find whatever that item is.

Hell you never know, crafting components could become a high quantity mover and everyone could make a little here and there if they wanted.

Biggest mistake people are making though is comparing the economics of the WoW AH to the D3 RMAH. Fake Money vs. Real Money. Behaviours in D3 from both buyers and sellers will be far different from those in WoW.
However, there is still the Gold AH in D3, which is more comparable to WoW. How having two very different AH's affects one another, that will be interesting.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo