Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

One of the comments on my post yesterday about the possibility we would be moving hit the situation right on the head, as MrsBue's job is being relocated to Glendale, CA, one of the bazillion cities in Los Angeles County. We're still a bit overwhelmed by the prospect, as MrsBlue has lived in New York her entire adult life and I have been here since I was born, and fully planned on spending my adulthood here, should it ever arrive. But Disney is a good company to work for, and it's a tough job market, so we may just decide this will be an interesting forced adventure. And besides, it would offer the chance to investigate who is diverting the water in Echo Lake!

Adventurous Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez and Acleacius.
Play: Battle Panic.
Angel of the Battlefield.
Links: Where Do Beards Come From- [Beardographic]. Thanks Boing Boing.
Stories: Butcher Tricked Neighbors into Paying for His Wedding, Also Was the One Secretly Slashing Their Tires.
The California Taco Trail- 'How Mexican Food Conquered America'. Thanks Neatorama.
Media: Car heads down subway stairs.
Parenting level: ∞.
Dog Drools Uncontrollably for Treats. Pavlov ftw.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

47. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 26, 2012, 20:49 zirik

jdreyer wrote on Apr 26, 2012, 19:59:
zirik wrote on Apr 26, 2012, 19:38:
jdreyer wrote on Apr 26, 2012, 16:46:
Hey Blue, be sure to check traffic stats on Sigalert.

i dont think there are parts of los angeles county that is light in traffic during rush hour. plus if they live in glendale then mrs blue wont have to use the freeway to get to work. disney studio is in burbank.

Yeah, I threw that in there in case they were thinking of living further out like Glendora or Monrovia. Housing in Glendale can be kind of expensive.

true. glendale is one of the more expensive places to live in los angeles county. i think anywhere around griffith park is expensive.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo