Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Mass Effect 3 Community Demonstration

This thread on the BioWare Social Network proposes a community action they are calling "Turn it On / Turn it off For Bioware" for Mass Effect 3 players to offer "EA and Bioware immediate feedback on the importance of the Ending DLC, so they can allocate sufficient resources to make a quality product." Here's how this is to work: "We will turn ON our single player game on April 28th, during a pre-defined period to show EA/Bioware the number of passionate fans who love the series and who will continue to buy their products IF the DLC provides a satisfactory ending. We will then turn OFF our game on April 29th, and refuse to play for a pre-defined time period to give EA/Bioware a clear idea of the potential loss of custom and support they will suffer if the DLC is NOT satisfying." This event has a Facebook page and all the details can be found on Hold the Line.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

32. Re: Mass Effect 3 Community Demonstration Apr 25, 2012, 11:43 StingingVelvet

briktal wrote on Apr 25, 2012, 10:04:
Verno wrote on Apr 25, 2012, 09:30:
StingingVelvet wrote on Apr 25, 2012, 00:29:
Can't play this until June. Really eager to see if the ending is as bad as all the fucking press coverage makes it seem.

It's pretty rare to see the critics and fans so united in their displeasure, it is objectively bad in many regards. I'm a huge fan of the ME series, it's had many problems over the years but its very engrossing and seemingly aspired to a different story telling method. All of that goes into the tank with the ending. It's poorly edited, a lot of the occurrences make no sense, it discards the themes of choice and comradery built over the series. It's a damned shame because ME3 is otherwise an excellent title, even the horde mode style MP is alright.

It would be one thing if it was well written and the cutscene cohesion made sense but fans just didn't like it. I've played many games where I didn't like the ending, I'm sure others have too. Endings are one of those things no one does well because there is little money in it.

This fan effort is just silly though, it will make no difference.

I thought the "critics" said it was wonderful and appropriate and art and that anyone who didn't like it is an entitled baby who just wants a happy Hollywood ending? Or has the game been out long enough that they can step away from their 10/10 reviews and talk about how much they disliked the ending and how it ruined everything?

Yeah I was gonna say, on the sites I go to critics mostly defend the ending, or at least say its not THAT bad.

I guess I'll find out in two months.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo