Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Origin Bans No Longer Cover Solo Play

A new Electronic Arts Account Suspension Policy indicates that being forum-banned from EA's Origin service will no longer result in being prevented from playing single-player games (thanks Blend Games). Here's word:

If you find yourself with a disabled account, please note that you can still play EA games in single-player mode. For PC games you will need to enable Origin's offline mode to play games with a disabled account. Go to the settings tab in Origin (the gear icon) and select Go Offline.

If your account has been disabled, please follow the instructions in this article if you wish to appeal the action.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

40. Re: Origin Bans No Longer Cover Solo Play Apr 18, 2012, 08:51 Verno

I wasn't asking you to trust them with your money. I wasn't even suggesting you buy the games. I was suggesting that your comment that you weren't "missing out" on them was incorrect. You used the phrase in such a way as to dismiss them as being not worth playing:
"If that means I never play BF3 or ME3, then so be it. From what I've read, I'm not missing anything worth worrying about. "
I was simply correcting you on that point - the games are worth worrying about. Or, more specifically, worth playing. If you still have objections to Origin, or you are still wary of them after the troubles you went through, fine, those are valid reasons to not want to buy them. But those reasons are fine on their own, dismissing the games as not "worth" it is just wrong. The games themselves are (mostly) great.

There is nothing wrong with his attitude, he can say they aren't worth the hassle and so be it. That's really his gain or loss, there is nothing wrong with the rationale as its inherently subjective. For whatever reason the games aren't appealing, telling him they're great and hes missing out is just a sideways way of saying that you like these games and don't get why he won't give them a chance.

There are a lot of games other people might consider worthwhile that I never bothered with because of problems surrounding the release or the company behind the product. It wasn't worth the hassle or time considering as you pointed out all gaming is supposed to be a leisure activity.

Playing: Fire Emblem, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: The Machine, After the Dark, Devils Due
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo