Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Warhammer Online: Wrath of Heroes Beta

BioWare announces the launch of beta testing for Warhammer Online: Wrath of Heroes, offering free-to-play online PvP teamplay set in the Warhammer universe:

Warhammer Online: Wrath of Heroes is advancing online PvP games by delivering instant, fast-paced and competitive three-sided 6v6v6 PvP arena gameplay for free! As the latest entry in EAs Play4Free portfolio, the game throws three teams into battle against each other, where players can choose from a wide range of unique heroes from the Warhammer universe on the fly. This cutthroat setup creates highly dynamic matches where teams constantly live on the edge of victory or defeat and alliances are quickly formed and just as quickly forgotten. With the instant playability of battles that last an intense 15 minutes, a small download size, and no cost to enter, Wrath of Heroes can scratch the competitive PvP itch for gamers of any type.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

1. Re: Warhammer Online: Wrath of Heroes Beta Apr 11, 2012, 08:22 Lokust

I tried five rounds of this last night but really wasn't impressed. It seemed really, really spammy and very much favored players who had spent money. Yes, that's right, it's in beta, supposedly, but they're very forward about taking your money. Much like league of legends there were a few free champions you can play as, but people who actually own those champions can unlock higher damaging skills, so they have a sizable advantage. Plus, advancement without real money spending is nearly impossible. For example with a similar time investment in something like league of legends you will have been able to unlock one or two cheap champions. In this case I made 645 coins in about an hour and a half and lower cost champs are 30,000 coins, which is one hell of a grind.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo