Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

EA Loses Consumerist Poll

The Consumerist has the results of their voting for Worst Company In America For 2012, with Electronic Arts taking this dubious distinction. The final vote was between EA and Bank of America, with EA "winning" by a landslide. Forbes has their analysis of what this means (thanks Verno), and GamesIndustry International has a response from EA, quoting John Reseburg of EA Corporate Communications saying: "We're sure that bank presidents, oil, tobacco and weapons companies are all relieved they weren't on the list this year. We're going to continue making award-winning games and services played by more than 300 million people worldwide."

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

24. Re: EA Loses Consumerist Poll Apr 4, 2012, 22:23 NKD

Prez wrote on Apr 4, 2012, 22:08:
In the big scheme of things, no, videogame companies nickle-and-diming customers to death isn't the worst thing, but I'd hate to live in a world where only the most heinous, egregious offenses were considered wrong and worth pointing out.

I agree, but this poll asks what is the worst company in America, not merely the worst game developer, or "Pick a random cmopany you don't like very much." So for EA to win, people have to either A) Actually believe it's the worst company in America, or B) Respond dishonestly to the poll.

If people want EA to change how they run their business, they need to stop giving them money. Anyone who complains about EA and then proceeds to continue to give them money and reward them for their behavior is a piece of shit.

They create entertainment products. Completely non-essential products where people are not forced by circumstance to do business with them. EA, unlike so many other companies in this country, cannot hold customers hostage. The customer can completely forgo the use of EA products with little to no impact on their personal lives.

But they don't do it. EA is successful because people voluntarily give them money. They are not the oil industry that takes money from just about everyone at some point. They are not a government contractor that takes your tax money whether you like it or not.

I'm absolutely not saying that EA should be given a free pass. But there's a huge margin between "free pass" and "WORST COMPANY EVAR"

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo