Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Gods & Heroes Changes

A Gods & Heroes State of the Republic post on the Gods and Heroes Website describes Heatwave Interactive's struggle to keep this "underfunded" MMOG in operation, with the game's associate producer saying it "did not perform at launch and has never even come close to paying for the cost of bringing it to market, much less the cost of keeping a team developing it for nine-months," adding: "To be honest, Iíve driven the company to the brink several times in an effort to keep the team together and to keep Gods and Heroes operating" (thanks The RPG Reporter). As a result, the game's development team is moving to other projects, and the dropping of subscription fees continues. Here's a bit:

To be honest, Iíve driven the company to the brink several times in an effort to keep the team together and to keep Gods and Heroes operating. However, at the end of 2011, it was clear that we would either have to let the team go, or find another way to keep them around. So, in order to keep the game alive and have a real chance at getting the free 2 play effort funded, weíve reassigned the majority of the development team to new projects and made the service free for everyone.

The game will have to remain in this state until we find further funding. I hope my honesty and transparency about what has been going on with G&H communicates our commitment and belief in the project.

The State of the Republic may be weak, but its will is strong.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

6. Re: Gods & Heroes Changes Mar 31, 2012, 15:32 venomhed

"I hope my honesty and transparency" statements made like this are implied to be rare and/or to be rewarded, as if being honest and factual is unpopular or uncool.

Amazing how many people fall into this trap or worse are a gasp when they hear it.

"Wow, he was so honest, so candid, WOW!"

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo