Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

More on Guild Wars 2 Microtransactions

The Guild Wars Facebook Page has more on the microtransaction system in Guild Wars 2, following up on the recent update on the ArenaNet Blog on the business model for the upcoming MMORPG sequel. Here's word:

Here are a few important clarifications about our microtransaction system. First, that gold is coming from other players. So somebody must have an abundance of gold if he trades it to a player. The system is not adding new gold from the outside.

Second, take into account the gem/gold trading system. Everything that is in the store will basically be available for gold with this system - so it doesn't really matter what is in the store, as it is also available for players who play and don't want to spend additional money. Hope that helps! ~RB2

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

36. Re: More on Guild Wars 2 Microtransactions Mar 23, 2012, 08:16 Jonjonz

This is typical corporate pr droid bull.

Look at any game with this type of cash shop set up, like PWI.

What happens is the cash shoppers drive up the price of everything.
The end result are prices so high that it will take a life time to earn the gold required, effectively turning the game into cash shop or GTFO.

What the also fail to mention is that the best gear and buffing items will require Karma, which again will take a regular player ages to earn.

Let me ask just one question, if the content is so good, and easy to level, why is there a need to skip it?

Don't even get me started on the gamboling angle. A pile of cash for the chance to get something? Sounds like a game of chance to me.

The second I saw that screen of CS items, I knew GW2's hype was BS.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo