Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Blizzard: Some WoW Subs Lost to The Old Republic

An interview on Eurogamer.net talks with World of Warcraft producer John Lagrave about the state of the game. He discusses the subscriber numbers for the MMORPG, saying that they have lost some players to Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, though they think there are others hibernating until the release of the next WoW expansion:

"We certainly do look at [where WOW players go], and we have a very smart bunch of guys who do our analytics for us," said senior World of Warcraft producer John Lagrave.

"Of course people are trying Star Wars - our development team are trying Star Wars! I'm one of the few people who's still playing it actually, but yeah we've seen a dip in subs. It certainly has to at least be attributable to The Old Republic, but it's also attributable to people who want to wait and get Mists of Pandaria, so it's not surprising.

"Are they going elsewhere? Yes they are. We don't have a lock on all the best games in the world - Skyrim was an amazing game."

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

23. Re: Blizzard: Some WoW Subs Lost to The Old Republic Mar 20, 2012, 12:49 Krovven

RailWizard wrote on Mar 20, 2012, 12:10:
.....or they are losing subs because of the fruitypants panda shit coming up. I really don't get how they go from Lichking, to Cataclysm to this romper room shit.

D3 better not suck.

Im not one of the masses that seems to hate the idea of Pandaria. I actually kinda like the look of the expansion. But it's also highly unlikely that I'll buy and play the expansion, unless there is a big dry spell with other games. Which I don't expect.

More interested in Diablo 3, Torchlight 2, Paths of Exile, Bioshock Infinite and replaying BG/BG2 if the "Enhanced editions" are any good, and a ton of other games (supposedly) come out this year.

Off subject a little, thanks to the D3 beta servers being down all weekend, a friend and I started a coop game of Titan Quest. I forgot how boring the first 20 levels of the game are. Good game, but I much prefer the focus on Skills and Skill modification in D3, compared to that of TQ, where you basically use the same skills at level 2 as you do the rest of the game. There isn't a lot of gameplay variety and the game is rather long. Still a good time coop though.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo