Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Scrolls Will Be Scrolls

The Mojang Website announces the lawsuit over whether Mojang's could name a game Scrolls in light of Bethesda Softworks' trademark for The Elder Scrolls. It turns out they will use the name, but are not challenging the trademark, which sounds like it was an amicable solution:

We have settled the lawsuit over Scrolls and Mojang and Bethesda are friends again.

To answer the big question – yes Scrolls is still going to be called Scrolls.

To answer the second question – we aren’t going to keep the trade mark.

For us this was never about a trade mark but being able to use Scrolls as the name of our game which we can – Yey.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

28. Re: Scrolls Will Be Scrolls Mar 11, 2012, 23:18 Dev

Cutter wrote on Mar 11, 2012, 22:17:
I still say it's just PR bullshit. I have no doubt he's done pretty well with that but there's no way he has those sorts of numbers.
No way because you don't think so? I guess you are the authority then.
To me, the fact that I see minecraft nearly EVERYWHERE, indicates its a dang popular game. I see it in comics, in youtube, in news stories, in people making things. There was that minecraft lego thing too. You know the one where lego has a community site for people to submit designs, and if they get a certain number of votes they it gets reviewed by lego employees with an eye towards making it for sale. The one where a metric ton of minecraft owners voted it way past the amount needed in a record time for lego projects and overloaded lego's servers.

This isn't the first game to sell over a million PC copies, and I doubt it will be the last either.
Cutter wrote on Mar 11, 2012, 22:17:
He strikes me as a pathological liar. This is just another example.
Examples such as?
Most of the stuff I see him doing is more misteps than lies. Like not having some of the features in a certain patch they said they were going to, that probably means they will come in a later patch and they just couldn't do it in time. It doesn't mean they will never ever do it. Or this whole scrolls thing, like I said before he shoulda just picked a different name. Scrolls is not exactly imaginative.

This comment was edited on Mar 11, 2012, 23:41.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo