Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Three Battlefield 3 Expansions Announced

EA announces plans for three upcoming expansion packs for Battlefield 3, DICE's military shooter sequel, revealing Battlefield 3: Close Quarters to be released in June, Battlefield 3: Armored Kill for autumn, and Battlefield 3: End Game, which is due this winter. Here's word:

-- Battlefield 3: Close Quarters -- In Battlefield 3: Close Quarters, players are dropped into a frantic, infantry-only theatre of war. Frostbite 2 high definition destruction makes the environment come alive as everything from furniture to plaster gets shot to pieces. Players will feel the intensity of the world exploding around them as rubble and broken pieces pile up on the floor, while tight level design and vertical gameplay create a highly competitive environment. Battlefield 3: Close Quarters also introduces new weapons, assignments and unique dog tags to bring back to the base game.

-- Battlefield 3: Armored Kill -- Following the tight infantry gameplay of Battlefield 3: Close Quarters, DICE will release Battlefield 3: Armored Kill that ups the ante for vehicular mayhem as only Battlefield can do. Featuring new driveable tanks, ATVs, mobile artillery and more, Battlefield 3: Armored Kill also delivers huge battlefields for an all-out vehicle assault, including the biggest map in Battlefield history.

-- Battlefield 3: End Game -- The fourth expansion pack will ship in the winter but details remain tightly guarded.

On a semi-related note, EA has opened a new studio in Gothenburg Sweden specifically to develop projects using the Frostbite 2 engine that powers Battlefield 3.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

47. Re: Three Battlefield 3 Expansions Announced Mar 7, 2012, 20:41 LittleMe

I'm saddened there's no expansion or DLC to copy what Project Reality offers. I think there's money to be made in making PR style gameplay more accessible in BF3. But Armored Kill might be fun for a while. The Karkand maps are amazing and might save the game from oblivion.

I however can't play BF3 for more than a round or two due to the constant visual blurring, shaking and other effects. It's just too much and it's hard on my eyes because they are trying to focus it out but it can't be. The game gives me visual or a sort of motion sickness because of the over-the-top visual feedback effects.

I'm back to playing BF2:PR and some ARMA2 also.

Perpetual debt is slavery.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo