Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

After I made my chili over the weekend, a couple of folks questioned what happened to the dried Ghost Naga peppers I picked up this summer for the purpose. The answer is, they are still awaiting a use, but since I was setting out to make a batch of chili that's just moderately hot (let's say three alarm), this did not seem to be the right time to experiment to find the proper quantity of what's described as the "world's hottest pepper." I'll definitely make some chili with them at some point, though I am also contemplating creating some evil hot sauce as well.

Ghostly Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez and Acleacius.
Play: Greedy Pirates. Thanks Daniel.
Hotel Baron.
Links: Car Interiors.
Quality vs. Quantity: The Making of Good TV.
10 Largest Satellite Dishes on Earth.
Stories: WNBC booting Sue Simmons. End of an era in NYC.
Science: Mercedes turns car into a chameleon. Thanks Slashdot.
A trip to the gym alters DNA. Thanks Slashdot.
Media: Wizard Synchronizes Metronomes.
Evolution I.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 27, 2012, 08:51  Blue 

dacamper wrote on Apr 27, 2012, 05:58:
I tried your chili recipe way back and it was delicious.

I'm planning on using the new one with some dried ghost chillis, but I'm a bit nervous on how much to put in. I may drop just one in and see. If its 8 times stronger than a habanero, then 1 ghost should equal "weapons grade" plus a little bit

I'd kinda like someone else to try tho, before I kill my workmates...

Funny, I wouldn't mind someone else taking the plunge first either. As I said, I may experiment with making some hot sauce using one of the ghosts to get a sense for how potent they are.

Glad you liked how the chili turned out.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo