Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Well tonight is the annual Academy Awards, and in grand tradition, we will probably not watch the show, which goes with our grand tradition of not seeing most of the nominated films until they show up on cable, well after the awards are handed out. It would definitely serve our needs better if the awards were a year later. Though I do have to admit, MrsBlue has been making noises about seeing Hugo this weekend, and if we manage to do that today, it would be two best picture nominees we'd have seen before the show. The last time that happened looks like it may have been 1998 when we saw the two nominated war movies: Saving Private Ryan and The Thin Red Line.

Update: MrsBlue just clarified me that the Oscars are tomorrow night, which pretty much proves my point about how much I care.

Annual Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez and Acleacius.
Play: Castle Commander. Thanks Daniel.
New York Shark.
Stories: Drink? Two Jobs May Open in Utah. Thanks Neutronbeam.
Ben & Jerry's Edits Questionably Racist "Linsanity" Flavor. Thanks Devicer.
New York Man 'Grows' Six Inches Through Surgery. Thanks Devicer.
Media: Boy Loses Leg In Totally Awesome Shark Attack.
Porsche stuck in wet cement.
Robot Chicken: Twilight--The Video Game.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 25, 2012, 15:00 jdreyer

PHJF wrote on Feb 25, 2012, 13:23:
Cmon blue, nothing important ever goes down on a Saturday.

When you work from home seven days a week, it's easy to lose track of what day of the week it is...

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo