Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Diablo III Launch Date Announcement Nears

A Message from Jay Wilson offers Blizzard's outlook on expectations for Diablo III, forced to react to a comment by a community manager on the topic that was widely taken as an official statement (thanks Blizzplanet). Jay responds to the idea of lowering expectations by raising them, and also raises expectations of when to expect the release of their action/RPG sequel, saying: "you can seriously expect a launch-date announcement from us in the near future. See, I didnít say 'soon,' so Iím not taunting you. ;)" Here's word:

Jay Wilson wanted to share a message with the Diablo III community:

Some of you might have seen some headlines or a certain (obviously sarcastic) blue post that implies that we're unsteady about where Diablo III stands, and that you should temper your expectations when it comes to the next installment in the Diablo series.

Let me be clear: Nothing could be further from the truth.

As those of you in the beta have seen, the game is in good shape. Actually, I should say that the beta version of the game is in good shape. The latest full build we've been testing here in the office is in great shape.

We get a lot of sympathy from the other teams because of the long hours of crunch our design team is putting in, but the secret is that playing through the game as we do final tuning, bug fixes, and optimizations is a real joy. We always know a Blizzard game is almost ready when we have to ask members of the team to stop playing so they can get their work done. Thatís definitely been the case around here.

We think you're going to love Diablo III when it's released, and speaking of release plans, you can seriously expect a launch-date announcement from us in the near future. See, I didnít say ďsoon,Ē so Iím not taunting you. ;) Youíll know as soon as I know for sure the exact date.

And by the way, we want you to have high expectations for Diablo III and all Blizzard games. Thatís what pushes us to try to make the best gaming experiences we possibly can. If Diablo III wasnít a worthy next installment in the Diablo series, we wouldnít release it. Thatís the way we do it. Thatís the way weíve always done it.

As Iíve said many times in the recent past, we think Diablo III is coming along great and we canít wait for you to get your hands on it. Weíre doing all we can to ensure you have one hell of a time once you step foot in SanctuaryÖ

Also, I think Diablo is much more comparable to the Evil Dead series personally, and those just kept getting better. OK, I know a lot of you prefer Evil Dead 2 to Army of Darkness, but come on, Bruce Campbell fights a squad of little Bruce Campbells! Priceless. =)

Jay Wilson is the Game Director of Diablo 3, and wants to know ďHey, uh, whatís that you got on your face?Ē http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxBCSautRXY

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

50. Re: the best gaming experience Feb 24, 2012, 14:54 Krovven

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 24, 2012, 14:30:
Like the one I use for Anno 2070.....It'll need a cold day in hell for me to even consider LOOKING at it.[Diablo 3]

Lol, so you admit buying a game that has 3 activations limit, had extremely restrictive activations causing people to lose activations simply from changing their video card before Ubisoft changed it. But you are standing fast at not getting a game that has no limits, but does require Online connection to play A MULTIPLAYER GAME.

Nobody really cares about the people that will only play the game solo. Things change. Supporting SP and MP with separate online/offline characters, that allowed for massive amounts of cheating, was a logistical support nightmare for Blizzard and made for a horrible online experience for those not cheating.

Those that refuse to play was is a great game because it's online required, you won't be missed, particularly those being hypocrites.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo