Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Notch on Psychonauts 2 "Hype"

The Word of Notch has a follow up on his well publicized overture to Double Fine productions about possibly supplying funding for Psychonauts 2. In spite of recent indications that this was a serious offer, this update is a bit of a reality check, as evidenced by the post's "Hype" title. Notch now says he actually "semi-jokingly" tweeted about funding a sequel to the adventure game, and shows a little naïveté about the attention his public actions attract: "Point is, stop hyping over this, internet! You’re going to scare me into doing things secretly instead of being open and transparent via twitter. I am incredibly scared of the very real risk of people feeling let down just because I took a chance at something that doesn’t end up panning out." He also offers what he sees are the facts in this situation, as he seems them:

• Tim and I haven’t spoken much at all other than a couple of emails.
  • We mentioned meeting at GDC, I hope that will happen
  • I assume Double Fine will be very busy for many months with the kickstarter project
  • The budget for doing a Psychonauts 2 is three times higher than my initial impression
  • A couple of other parties have mentioned also being interested in investing in it
  • I would not be investing in this as a charity. It would be because I think the game would be profitable
  • And naturally, I wouldn’t want to have any creative input in the game. It would be purely a high risk investment in a project I believe in.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

45. Re: Notch on Psychonauts 2 Feb 17, 2012, 19:44 Jivaro

Who exactly do you like?

buwahahahahaha!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo