Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Guild Wars 2 This Year, Beta Expanding Soon

The ArenaNet Blog marks the Year of the Dragon with details on plans to expand the beta testing of Guild Wars 2, ArenaNet's upcoming MMORPG sequel, saying: "this all leads to the release of Guild Wars 2 later this year." They announce plans to hold progressively larger events following the conclusion of the game's recentl closed beta, and that more and more players will be invited to check out the game in March and April:

This year, you’ll finally be able to immerse yourself in the vast, diverse world of Tyria.

We recently finished our first closed beta test, and we’re now ready to hold progressively larger events. In February we’ll invite select press to participate in beta testing, and in March and April we’ll aggressively ramp up the size of our beta test events so that many of you will have a chance to participate. And of course, this all leads to the release of Guild Wars 2 later this year.

So stay tuned to our official Guild Wars 2 website, our Facebook page, and this blog for more information about how to participate in an upcoming beta event.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

31. Re: Guild Wars 2 This Year, Beta Expanding Soon Jan 23, 2012, 22:49 Agent.X7

eunichron wrote on Jan 23, 2012, 14:48:
If they can make it work, it will be great. I played GW1 up to the Nightfall expansion and the only things I did not like were the instanced world, and the PvP focus (though I hear the Eye of the North expansion greatly expanded PvE), both of which look to be fixed for GW2.

The dynamic content leveling idea is neat, but my greatest fear is that it will be one of those, "I'm max level, now what?" deals.

I was max level half-way through Prophesies. Then I played Factions, Nightfall, and Eye of the North too. You forget about the leveling treadmill and just enjoy the story and the gameplay. I know, Pavlov's game design has been used for so long that some people forget how to just enjoy something without hearing that DING! every so often, but it's true.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo