Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

The Old Republic Patch Live and Causing PvP Problems

A prominent update on the Star Wars: The Old Republic Website has word that the promised version 1.1 update is now live in BioWare's MMORPG. A more obscure post on the game's forums acknowledges issues related to PvP in Ilum following the update. An update on this is promised "shortly." Meanwhile, the 200+ page thread is filled with outrage over faction balance issues, which Kotaku attempts to summarize in one place. Thanks nin.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

24. Re: The Old Republic Patch Live and Causing PvP Problems Jan 19, 2012, 09:31 RollinThundr

briktal wrote on Jan 19, 2012, 09:24:
RollinThundr wrote on Jan 19, 2012, 09:06:
Flatline wrote on Jan 19, 2012, 04:13:
Wallshadows wrote on Jan 18, 2012, 20:52:
Yeah, what a huge over sight the change to Ilum was and really no excuse that the glaringly obvious outcome was not caught prior to the release. Ilum is a mess and they're paying for it with massive backlash from the community and it's justifiable in this case.

The issue ultimately stems from the imbalance in the factions which, from what I hear, heavily favors Imperial over Republic in most cases. It basically boiled down to the video below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TL0kDP_Cexo

That reminds me of the situation I was in the first time I decided to quit WoW after being talked by my friends into a pvp server.

Wow that does look bad. What does this bug entail? Groups of a faction accessing areas they shouldn't? Or is it just due to most people prefering to play Sith? If it's the latter I don't really see how they can address people wanting to play that particular faction over playing as the rebel scum that the Rebellion is.

Whatever methods they had for keeping people out of the other faction's base failed. With a new game and a new patch giving people a good reason to go to the planet, the larger side could and did spawncamp the smaller faction on many/most servers.

Gotcha thanks for the clarification. Just hit 50 last night on a BH Merc actually, still really yet to do any PVP at all aside from an instance here and there.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo