Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

With the battle still raging over whether the U.S. will pass its proposed SOPA or PIPA legislation (the former of which seems to have been mortally wounded, but the latter of which is still in play), there is a movement afoot to protest this with a web blackout tomorrow, supported by sites like imgur, reddit, Wikipedia, and more. I can't say I know what such a blackout will accomplish, but I do know the draconian aspects of these bills are unsettling to say the least, so unless something changes drastically in the meantime, my plan is for this site to participate in the blackout. Apologies in advance for the outage should this come to pass.

Black Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez and Acleacius.
Play: Scarlet Stranger.
Island Tribe 2.
Helichopter Flight.
Links: "Resolution" - Zombie graphic novel created reddit's Vidzilla. Thanks Joker961.
Star Wars: A New Hope would have cost $40 million to make today. Thanks TheForce.Net.
Stories: Hamster among bizarre items left behind by Travelodge guests. Thanks Neatorama.
Science: ‘Open Science’ Challenges Journal Tradition With Web Collaboration. Thanks j.c.f.
Europe's 'Big Bang' observatory completes cosmic survey.
Fat and Furious: The Rise of Obesity in the USA.
Media: Portal Basketball.
What The F*** Is That? - Funny Ass Reaction From Gramps. NSFW.
Hello. Thanks dakslf.
Parallel parking Win.
Follow-up: Russia’s Phobos-Grunt Mars Probe Crashes Into Pacific.
Richard Garriott: Man on a Mission.
Ricky Gervais 2012 Golden Globes Highlights.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 17, 2012, 12:51 Neutronbeam

Thanks for supporting the cause, but you've pretty much taken out the highlight of my day and evening. Ah well, a greater cause is being served.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo