Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Intel's Fake Ultrabook Gaming Demo

Gizmodo has a video by way of Bright Side Of News showing that a CES 2012 ultrabook gaming demo by Intel was not actually a demonstration of the ultrabook's ability to run F1 2011 smoothly, but rather its ability to run a video of the racing game in a VLC media player window. They have a response from Intel saying the game has also been shown successfully live behind closed doors. They also have responses from readers saying the pre-recorded demo is legit, but decry the idea of giving a pass to such behavior. Thanks Neutronbeam.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

20. Re: Intel's Fake Ultrabook Gaming Demo Jan 11, 2012, 00:46 killer_roach

Muscular Beaver wrote on Jan 10, 2012, 23:03:
And still you feel compelled to spew out crap about it, even though you didnt check everything.

Well, ok. Facts cant compete against blind hate I guess.

They still don't say the settings used (besides saying that it appears to be running in DX11), and F1 2011 isn't a particularly demanding game on the GPU (no slouch, but Codemasters' racing games tend to run okay on mid-range hardware).

You sound emotionally attached to this project, and it's probably best for you to take a few deep breaths and step back before people think of you as a blind, sputtering fanboy (if you haven't reached that point already). I'm just pointing out the blindingly obvious - the launch demonstration does not position this in a good light, the only concrete information we have on performance is dire, and you keep going back to a rather unimpressive YouTube video as "proof" that the system is running as it should.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo