Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Diablo 15 Year Anniversary Website - Diablo III "Almost Done"

A Diablo 15 Year Anniversary Website is now online, marking this recent milestone for Blizzard's action/RPG. This offers an overview of the game, a Diablo timeline, an extended retrospective, developer interviews, and more. As noted on Blizzplanet, the interview with Jay Wilson offers an optimistic outlook on the state of Diablo III development: "We are almost done with Diablo III, and thatís a fitting celebration of the 15th year anniversary for Diablo. So, we are getting it to you as soon as we can."

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

62. Re: Diablo 15 Year Anniversary Website - Diablo III Jan 9, 2012, 19:34 GrenadesNHam

It seems many who want the offline single player fail to understand how Blizzard is designing DIII. They do not just have to pop in an offline mode, it would require considerable additional development time.

The current design involves minimal client side calculations. From my knowledge, Blizzard servers control much of what happens to prevent exploiting and cheats and protection of the economy (which I hope this time is meaningful and intact, (less of the rune/soj market bs.)

Things like monster spawn and movement, loot drops, toon position checking, and more are communicated to you from the serv, not done by your machine. You'd need essentially a built in mini - server just for your client. This is what they do not want you to have. That is how cheats, exploits, and emulated servers are more easily made. (which to already exist in primitive forms.)

Whether you agree with it or not, at least recognize that it is a purposeful and pretty early on design choice that would not be easy to change now. Diablo III IS an online MP game. For myself, I don't mind so long as the economy and gameplay are as good as they look to be.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo