Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Humble Indie Bundle 4 Passes $2M

Humble Mumble notes that the Humble Indie Bundle 4 has surpassed the $2 million sales threshold. Word is: "With four days left and a record-breaking 380,000 plus bundles sold, Humble Indie Bundle 4 may become the biggest bundle ever. It seems like only yesterday that Jeff and I had launched the first Humble Indie Bundle and were pulling consecutive all-nighters to make sure no customers were left behind." A previous post also explains that the new $1.00 minimum purchase price to be eligible for Steam keys is to stop people from gaming the system: "Hey guys, we’ve noticed that a number of un-humble users are buying lots of Humble Indie Bundle 4’s for one penny, and then using their Steam codes to “legitimize” automated Steam accounts in order to increase their odds of winning prizes in Valve’s current raffle promotion. This is unfair to legitimate entrants and is definitely not what we wanted to encourage with Humble Indie Bundle 4. It’s a lose-lose situation for the indie developers, charities, Valve, and Humble Bundle."

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

5. Re: Humble Indie Bundle 4 Passes $2M Dec 26, 2011, 17:00 killer_roach

Slashman wrote on Dec 26, 2011, 14:19:
Yeah. A one dollar minimum just makes sense.

Agreed. I had all the games in this Bundle except Shank, so, after buying a Bundle for my younger brother, I bought another one for $1 just so I could get a Steam key for Shank... and even then felt bad about it (then again, being an enthusiastic purchaser of all the previous Bundles, maybe I shouldn't be too hard on myself for partially cheaping out this once).

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo