Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

BioWare Developing C&C Generals 2 for 2013

The Command & Conquer Blog has the announcement of Command & Conquer Generals 2, a sequel to this spin-off of the C&C series of real-time strategy games. A website for the game is already online, indicating BioWare is developing the game, and offering a trailer and screenshots to show off the game's Frostbite 2 engine graphics while confirming this is the announcement teased a couple of weeks ago. The trailer concludes saying the game is due in 2013, and here's a bit on what to expect:

In the near future, world leaders are mere seconds from signing a global treaty and bringing an end to war as we know it when a devastating terrorist attack rips through the peace conference, killing all in attendance. In a world left with no politicians, diplomats, or activists, only the Generals remain. It’s up to you to assume their roles, command of their forces, and put an end to global terrorism once and for all.

• All-out War – Take control of three unique factions, competing for resources, building up your base of operation, and leading massive batteries of tanks, soldiers, and aircraft into battle.
  • Uncanny Sense of Realism – Frostbite 2 technology allows for visceral, visually stunning conflict at an epic scale. Incredibly detailed units and environments, dynamic physics, and exhilarating visual effects bring the battle to life in ways never before seen. This is the closest thing to real war without the consequences.
  • New Ways to Dominate or Ally with your Friends – Go beyond classic deathmatch with a selection of new multiplayer game modes, designed with both cooperative and competitive play in mind.
  • Thrilling Campaign – Command the war on terror in an electrifying single-player campaign. Experience the dramatic story from multiple perspectives—from heroic General to crazed terrorist—while engaging the enemy in pulse-pounding tactical combat.
  • Ever-evolving Experience – Enhance your game with an expanding array of downloadable content. From maps and units to factions, campaigns, and more, the fight against terrorism is deeper than ever.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

19. Re: BioWare Developing C&C Generals 2 for 2013 Dec 11, 2011, 19:44 theyarecomingforyou

The Pyro wrote on Dec 11, 2011, 19:32:
So basically the base-building component acts as a sort of timer in RTS games. If you play too slowly or if your strategy is inefficient then your opponent's macro will overwhelm you. Without the base-building aspect then it becomes a simple war of attrition which offers less depth of strategy.
That ignores the fact that most base-building RTS games simply resort to who can rush the fastest. Going online to play was horrible, as I'd be wiped out by people rushing with 5-10 minutes - no time for base building. Whereas DOWII completely changed things up and multiplayer was great fun for me, someone that doesn't have the time or patience to learn the build trees inside out or read countless forums about the ultimate build order.

DOWII was one of the first "RTS" games that I actually enjoyed playing online, even though I still wasn't very good.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo