Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

New World of Tanks Record

Wargaming.net announces another concurrent player milestone for World of Tanks, their MMO shooter:

The MMO action game dedicated to armored warfare has demolished its own Guinness World Record for Most Players Online Simultaneously on One MMO Server, when the number of concurrent accounts logged on to the game's Russian server totalled an impressive figure of 250,000 players this November.

Wargaming.net team is about to introduce the Update 7.0 and multicluster technology. The latter will significantly increase the overall possible number of active server players by allowing gamers to choose the game cluster with optimal in-game comfort and providing them with a better connection and performance.

"We are more than happy to watch our World of Tanks win over hearts and minds of gamers all around the world," said Victor Kislyi, CEO of Wargaming.net. "The multicluster technology will enable us to move steadily towards new milestones and records."

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

12. Re: New World of Tanks Record Dec 8, 2011, 21:36 Turglar

There's nothing massive about the multiplayer in this game. The fact that they keep toting it as a MMO and posting these "records" just makes them look like assholes.

I wonder how they convinced Guinness that 250k russians connecting to a chat lobby for a 15v15 game counts as "One MMO Server".

And I don't want to hear their bullshit about persistent character advancement making it a MMO. By that logic BF3 and the Modern Warfare series are MMOs (and more massive) as well since you can gain ranks on your character.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo