Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Star Wars Galaxies End Game Detailed

Station.com outlines details on how the final hours will unfold in Star Wars Galaxies as the MMORPG is put to rest (thanks Massively). Here's the schedule:

• The Galactic Civil War will end and scoring will be frozen on Wednesday, December 14th, at 9:00 p.m. PST. At this time, all players will be notified who won and who lost.
  • Scheduled restarts will occur on the morning of Thursday, December 15th, and afterward various battles and events will begin. (These are optional, of course.)
  • The servers will close on December 15th at 9:00 p.m. PST (5:00 a.m. GMT).

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

23. Re: Star Wars Galaxies End Game Detailed Dec 3, 2011, 17:10 WyldKat

RollinThundr wrote on Dec 3, 2011, 11:10:
WyldKat wrote on Dec 3, 2011, 07:19:
I'm still upset I can't come back because while they've been free for the past couple months it only applies to people who paid in august or something. Not those of us who bought the CE, bought all the expansions, put money into TCG loot, etc...

I wanted to go back for some last REAL space combat on my YT-1300 before TOR launches and I'm stuck with a crappy tunnel shooter...that happens to be attached to one of the most absorbing stories I've played in an MMO.

SWG - Nailed it when it came to customization/Player Housing/Space Combat
TOR - Nailed it when it came to Story Presentation/Character Sculpting (via dialog choices, i.e. who your character IS)/ and combat

Why can't we put them together and have both? >.>

Keep in mind SWG had zero space stuff at launch. While the on rails stuff bothers me with ToR, I can't see them NOT improving it further on down the line.

Oh I totally know.

As I may have said before... I hope they keep the current system as a mini-game diversion for those who like it, release a fully featured space expansion with fighters/MP Ships/PVP/Smuggling and space piracy/ and Bioware's cinematic touch for those of us who do want a good space game.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo