Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Notch Passes the Minecraft Torch

The Word of Notch announces that Markus 'Notch' Persson is stepping down as lead developer on Minecraft:

As of yesterday, Jens Bergensten is the new lead developer on Minecraft. He will have the final say in all design decisions, so he will kinda sorta become my boss, I guess. Iíve promised him to not pull rank. ;)

Weíve been working together on Minecraft for a year now, and Iím amazed at how much in synch we two are when it comes to how to design the game. And when we donít agree, we discuss it and something much better comes out at a result. Heís truly a great person to work with, and I feel very confident handing over the leadership of Minecraft to him.

If you want to contact Jens, heís on twitter as @jeb_, or you can email him at jeb@mojang.com

Personally, I will now rest for a while, then get back to work refreshed and eager. Iíll be helping out with Minecraft, of course, but also starting work on some new project.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

27. Re: Notch Passes the Minecraft Torch Dec 2, 2011, 23:48 Mead

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 2, 2011, 15:25:
Not sure where the "mods need support" line comes from, given that theres like 6 billion huge mods that work just fine without.. ehm, dedicated support...

Granted you gotta edit the game files directly but i'd rather do that than suffer any limitations in their planned mod-support. Also theres already mod-support in a sense, given that theres mod-loaders abound that even allow access to different api's (so already superior to anything an official mod support could even do).
The only reason there are big successful mods right now is because a group of people (The Minecraft Coder Pack team) is dedicated to de-obfuscating and generally unfucking the obfuscated code. If that wasn't happening, you wouldn't see nearly as many people bothering with it. Support would come in the context of them not having to expend so much effort just to get things workable for modders.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo