Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Skyrim Patched, LAA Fix No Longer Works

As noted on the Steam Users' Forums, a new patch is now available for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Bethesda's recently released RPG sequel (thanks Chris and Alex). As stated in the thread, one of the changes the patch implements is that the game can no longer be launched separately from Steam. A locked thread on the Bethesda Softworks Forums and another current thread discuss another consequence of the patch, which is that it means the game can no longer be hacked to run in Large Address Aware mode, which many users found was the solution to crashing issues and texture corruption problems. We contacted both Bethesda and Valve about whether we should expect a return of the ability to use large address awareness through a future update, but have not yet received a response.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

11. Re: Skyrim Patched, LAA Fix No Longer Works Nov 21, 2011, 22:42 LittleMe

Thank you Blue! Until now I found it odd the game would launch without Steam and that the LAA modified exe wasn't detected when launching from Steam.  

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo