Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Persistent Scrolls

IGN has word from a MineCon presentation from Mojang, on Scrolls, their upcoming card-style strategy game. They outline what they did and did not explain about the persistent aspect of the game: "In the same presentation Mojang's Jakob Porser stated that Scrolls would require players to be online to play. The demo shown allowed him to face off against an A.I., and it isn't known if a connection will be required at all times whether or not you're playing against an A.I. opponent."

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

10. Re: Persistent Scrolls Nov 20, 2011, 11:56 Wetworks

xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 20, 2011, 11:43:
Is there a nitch for them on the PC? Maybe so, since Legends is taking off and DoTa is doing so well.

LoL and Dota 2 are free to play. This is a collectable card game that requires you to constantly buy new cards or sub to a monthly plan.

A lot will depend on their pricing structure, but more often than not ccg are a huge money sink. The only implementation I like are the Magic the Gathering Duels of the Planeswalkers series. You get 10 themed decks plus unlockables for $10. Other decks and game modes are added as expansions for $3-$5.

This comment was edited on Nov 20, 2011, 12:06.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo