Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Getting to see it firsthand on TV last night, I am ever-more fascinated by the Broncos' ability to succeed with a college-style option offense, since I've heard the conventional wisdom my whole life that this was impossible in the NFL. I'm still not convinced this is viable over the long-term, but if they can actually have continued success this way, I wonder if other teams will actually attempt to adopt this in what is well known to be a copycat league. There certainly should be some unemployed former option QBs floating around.

Optional Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez and Acleacius.
Play: Freeway Fury 2.
Monsters Lawn.
Links: What 26 Video Game Characters Do With Their Down Time.
Stories: American boozing at its highest since late '70s. Thanks Devicer.
NBC Orders Pilot Of Drama Based On 1960′s ‘The Munsters’. Thanks Devicer.
Authorities reopen probe into Natalie Wood's 1981 drowning death.
Images: Return of the Jedi set photos. Thanks nin via Dubious Quality.
Media: NMA: Cost of Thanksgiving climbs to $50.
Puma Parkour.
Amazing Puppy Rescue on Busy Freeway After Car Crash. Crazy suspenseful.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

4. Halp! Nov 18, 2011, 12:58 Creston

So I bought a 32" LED to serve as my next gaming monitor. 1920x1080 is plenty resolution for me, and it's half the price of a 30" Dell or HP.

It works fine over HDMI. Recognizes the TV immediately, no drivers or anything to install. However, I can't actually get a sharp image on it. I've tried messing with pretty much every setting on the TV, spent hours reading through forums, swapped out HDMI cables, and it just stays fuzzy. If I fuck around with the sharpness setting for awhile, I can get it almost presentable in some cases (it's mostly black on white that's really the problem), but then other instances, such as Blues' headlines, get all fuzzy and blurry.

In games it's not as noticeable, but there's still blur, especially in text.

I finally tried switching to the PC port (which is just VGA, grrr,) but no matter what I do there, I can't get the resolution to go higher than 1440x900, which looks horrendously shitty. The only resolution that looks great and sharp is 1024x768, and that defeats the purpose of getting a bigger monitor/tv to begin with.

Anyone have any idea? Does a PC over HDMI simply not work well enough to be as sharp as we're used to on a PC?

Thanks in advance!

Creston

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo