Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Skyrim Ships 7M

ZeniMax Media announces having shipped seven million units of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, saying they expect Bethesda Softworks' RPG sequel to generate more than $450 million in global retail sales. "We are grateful for the fans’ response to Skyrim," said Robert Altman, Chairman and CEO of ZeniMax Media. "Todd Howard and his team at Bethesda Game Studios have crafted a very special game. Anticipation for Skyrim has surpassed any game in our company’s history, and we are pleased that sales and reviews have reflected the quality and hours of amazing gameplay it provides."

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

31. Re: Skyrim Ships 7M Nov 17, 2011, 03:02 jimnms

Since I was out of town the weekend of release day, I've only got 16 hours in. I'm actually feeling disappointed with the game. I had to modify the game's control map myself because if you use a custom key setup, it was a pain in the ass because the in game interface still displayed the default keys to press for certain actions. My fix is here for anyone interested.

I have only been to two towns so far. After the beginning, I followed that guy to Riverwood. I did a few little things there then headed to Witerun to see the Jarl.

There are a lot of little bugs and things that kind of ruin it for me. When I've talked to some people for the first time, I have dialog options to ask them about things that I don't/shouldn't know about yet. I don't remember specifics off hand, but the last one I was out in the streets of Whiterun at night. There was a guy walking by himself, so I talked to him. My only dialog option was something about overhearing an argument and asking what was going on, which led to him giving me a quest to find something. I had never seen this guy before or overheard an argument.

After I had spoken to the Jarl, I walked around and like a kleptomaniac I took anything that wasn't nailed down. The majority of the stuff wasn't "owned," so it wasn't stealing. But I was in the Jarl's bedroom, in plain sight of the guards steeling shit from drawers, cabinets and wardrobes. They only seem to give a shit if you steal something laying out in the open, but not if you take it from a container.

I'm not too fond of the health regen, it defeats the purpose of food and cooking since it regenerates so fast. There is a console command that can disable it, but in the forum thread where I found out about it, someone said it breaks potions and other items that give you a temporary health regen. I wish they would have made that part of the difficulty system, or better yet, offered a hardcore mode like in Fallout New Vegas. I'm sure mods will take care of this, but why does every damn game that comes out now have to have health regen?

At first I liked that conversations didn't stop the world, but now I wish they did. Too many times have I been trying to talk to someone and had another person walk up and start talking making it impossible to hear either of them.

I also don't like the in-game map. I would rather have a detailed 2D map than this 3D map where I can't make out roads and paths. And I was really pissed off when the pre-order "cloth" map turned out to be a textured paper map.

And there are things that I think Oblivion did better, like the lock picking. I could go on, but I need sleep. Don't get me wrong, I like Skyrim, but it's frustrating because it could be so much better.

Steam Profile
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo