Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Saints Row: The Third PC Features and Specs

The Saints Row: The Third Website celebrates All Saints Day with an outline of PC-specific features in the upcoming open world action sequel, saying: "Saints Row: The Third on PC is not a port, and it's our goal here at Volition to prove that to our PC fans. We hope you enjoy the game when it releases to the public on November 15th!"

Word is: First up, the Steam version of Saints Row: The Third will feature the Saints Video Record Mode, allowing you to record and save your most over-the-top gameplay clips, which you are free to share on social media sites and of course right here on SaintsRow.com. And if you’re a true cinephile, you can switch off the HUD and showcase your cheerleader assassin character in all her unblemished glory. Post launch, the PC version will receive exclusive customization options, including oversized bobblehead masks of characters from your favorite non-THQ online shooter, Valve’s Team Fortress 2. They’re free, so Strap Them On! Stay tuned for more details in the future. Meanwhile, the game's Steam page offers system requirements (thanks Destructoid). Here are those:

Minimum Recommended
Processor: 2GHz Dual Core Processor (Intel® Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon™ X2) or higher
Memory: 2GB System RAM or more
Graphics: 320MB Video RAM GPU w/ Shader Model 3.0 support. NVIDIA® GeForce® 8800 series or better. ATI Radeon™ HD3800 series or better
DirectX®: 9.0c
Hard Drive: 10GB
Sound: 100% DirectX® 9.0C compliant sound card or equivalent onboard sound
Co-Op Play:NVIDIA® GeForce® 8800 cards require 640MB of Video RAM. ATI Radeon™ HD3800 cards require 1GB of Video RAM
Processor: Any Quad Core Processor (Intel® Core i5 or AMD Phenom™ II X4) or 3.0+ Dual Core CPU
Memory: 4GB System RAM or more
Graphics: 1GB Video RAM GPU w/ Shader Model 4.0 support. NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 400 series or better. ATI Radeon™ HD5000 series or better
DirectX®: DirectX® 11
Hard Drive: 10 GB
Sound: 100% DirectX® 9.0C compliant sound card or equivalent onboard sound

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

15. Re: Nov 2, 2011, 09:55 StingingVelvet

Dades wrote on Nov 1, 2011, 23:00:
The last Saints Row game on the PC was one of the worst ports ever made, at its most playable state it made other terrible console ports seem like pc exclusive Blizzard titles.

I agree, but it was outsourced and the whole point of the article is that they're doing it in-house and better this time. The PC version of Red Faction: Armageddon was solid.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo