Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

NVIDIA Investigating TDR Issues

A post by NVIDIA tech support to the NVIDIA Forums looking to address driver restart issues connected with the latest GeForce reference drivers (thanks Mashiki). While noting that they have "been able to reproduce the major Battlefield 3 issues and have marked this as must fix for the upcoming driver in November," they have not been able to reproduce TDR (driver reset) issues, and are offering to pay roundtrip shipping to evaluate cards from users in the U.S. Here's the deal:

R280.xx or later Firefox/IE9 TDR issue - We have ordered some of the retail graphics cards that have been mentioned in these threads to resolve this issue. However it would be of great help to us if anyone who is facing this problem can send us their graphics card to diagnose internally at our Santa Clara office since the cards we have been tested so far do not seem to show the TDR issues end users are reporting in this forum. We can pay for shipping both ways and I can probably get some free game codes to offer you for your time. Please PM if you would be willing to do so. You must be in the USA however since international shipping can complicate things.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

38. Re: NVIDIA Investigating TDR Issues Oct 31, 2011, 17:37 Prez

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Oct 31, 2011, 16:36:
Prez wrote on Oct 31, 2011, 14:24:
That makes sense. It's just I've never heard the like before.
Almost all videocard makers will take your mobo+videocard for testing these days if you believe you have a system based incompatibility. Some will also cover the shipping both ways as well.

Really? That's pretty cool. I haven't heard of this before now, but that's probably because I'm pretty good at figuring out system incompatibilities on my own, so I never looked.

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo