Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

BlizzCon Hate-Speech Criticized

The closing performance at BlizzCon 2011 by Level 90 Epic Tauren Chieftain has drawn fire from GLAAD for anti-gay slurs in a lead-in video from guest singer George 'Corpseater' Fisher from Cannibal Corpse, reports GayGamer. Word is: "The problem? His hate for the Alliance. Specifically, the anti-gay language used to describe them. Though bleeped-out, Fisher's diatribe calls Alliance players a number of anti-gay slurs, and declares that they should die." They say this "has prompted GLAAD to initiate an outreach to Blizzard." VG247 notes the following official comment on this from Blizzard:

Thank you everyone for your feedback regarding the closing night performance at BlizzCon. While we had some other messaging worked up we were going to post, the members of band wanted to instead address it themselves:

Hey guys, we read and heard all the feedback from BlizzCon this year. The Corpsegrinder bit was never intended to be taken seriously. We are sorry that we offended anyone; everything at our shows is just meant in fun. Thank you all for speaking up. We’ll definitely keep this in mind for future shows.

Our humblest apologies,

Level 90 Elite Tauren Chieftain

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

194. Re: BlizzCon Hate-Speech Criticized Oct 28, 2011, 01:17 PHJF

Sure they did. However did they do so for the purpose of procreation?
Besides you still can't get past the facts:
Penis ----> Vagina
Sperm ----> Egg
Procreation

Penis -----> Anus
Tongue -----> Clitoris
Is not gonna get it done. (leaving science's interference aside).

Thank god you've cleared that up, for a while I thought sex was more often about pleasure than procreation but you've really enlightened me. From now on I'll only have sex to inject my sperm at eggs. And masturbation? Right out; it's unnatural!

Steam + PSN: PHJF
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo