Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Mass Effect 3 Early Access Demo in January

The BioWare Social Network shares details on a playable demo for Mass Effect 3 expected in January 2012 to offer samples of single-player and multiplayer play in BioWare's action/RPG sequel to owners of an online pass for Battlefield 3 (thanks GameSpot). They also announce that over the next couple of months they will reveal a way to get access to this demo with no purchase required:

Hello everyone! It's going to be a Happy New Year! Mass Effect 3 will have a pre-release demo in January 2012. This demo will have both single player and multiplayer sections, giving fans a taste of what's to come on March 6, 2012. Be first to the front lines in the multiplayer section of the Mass Effect 3 demo! Redemption of the Online Pass for Battlefield 3 will unlock this early access. But rallying for war is just getting started - in late November / early December, BioWare will announce other ways for fans to engage the enemy with their friends online from day one!

What are the details of the Mass Effect 3 pre-release demo?

• The Mass Effect 3 pre-release demo will launch in January 2012 (exact date TBA).
  • The demo will include both single-player and multi-player sections.
  • The demo will be released in all regions where the game is

How can I get early access to the multi-player portion of the Mass Effect 3 demo coming in January 2012?

• Owners of Battlefield 3, on any platform, who activate their Online Pass will automatically be granted early access to the multiplayer portion of the Mass Effect 3 demo. There is no need to enter any other codes, the early access will be applied to the EA Account associated with the Online Pass. Note: BF3 Origin Customers automatically have the BF3 Online Pass.
  • This applies to all regions where the demo is released (to be announced)
  • The exact date of the demo launch will be announced in late November
  • There will be another program whereby players and fans of the Mass Effect franchise can unlock this early access (with no purchase necessary) this will also be announced in late November or early December.
  • There will also be a tool posted on www.masseffect.com allowing players to check if their EA account has been granted the early access.
  • The length of the early access period is TBA.
  • The single-player section of the demo will be available to all players on day one of the demo launch.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

5. Re: Mass Effect 3 Early Access Demo in January Oct 21, 2011, 12:13 ZeroCougar

I dunno, I'm slightly more worried there trying to attract the Battlefield crowd into what is a sci-fi rpg game. Now some people do play FPS's and RPG's like myself and love both, but I have got to be in the minority on that. I don't have facts to back me up but it seems to me that people who play Battlefield will not be likely to buy into an SCI-Fi rpg.

I do see it as an attempt to lure more people into this Origin deal. It smells bad to me. Nothing about whats going on at EA seems like the best idea ever.

- That's a very nice everything you have there... ssssssssSSSSSSSSSSS -
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo