Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Congrats to the Rangers and Cardinals at making the World Series, with the Rangers cementing their position as a powerhouse with a second straight appearance, and the Cards cementing their status as the closest thing in the National League has to the Yankees with their 19th series appearance breaking their tie for NL appearances with the Dodgers and the Giants, and their 10 titles being second to the Yanks (albeit by quite a distance). My favorite aspect of this is relief pitcher Arthur Rhodes, who began the series with the Rangers and is now a member of the Cardinals, so now he works on beating the Rangers, the team that's paying a majority of his salary for this season. Also, because of this the 41 year-old reliever is also likely to get a World Series ring regardless of which team wins.

World Series Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez and Acleacius.
Play: You Are a Box.
Above Hell.
Links: Steam Workshop -- The Motherly Father. Thanks reddit.
Movies Combined with The Appropriate Board Game.
Augmented Reality of the Day.
Stories: Dan Wheldon dies following IndyCar crash at Vegas. Thanks Dir Wulf.
DC Still Hopes For "Lantern" Sequel.
Science: New drugs offer hope of life to 150-plus. Thanks HARDOCP.
Media: The Walken Dead.
Hitman Derpsolution.
Mac vs. PC vs. Everyone. NSFW. So old it has a MySpace joke, but still pretty funny.
Ultimate Coneing at McDonalds Drive Thru.
Follow-up: Take cover: Another satellite is plunging to Earth. Thanks HARDOCP.
Tough Guy Vs Ghost Chili Pepper - Eeyore Wins! NSFW.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 17, 2011, 12:39 Deathbishop

This actually happened last year with Bengie Molina (getting a ring with the Giants even though he played for the Rangers in the series) since he was traded midseason.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo