Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Project Zomboid Code Theft

DIYgamer has word from a couple of Twitter posts that two laptops with the current builds of Project Zomboid were stolen from the home of the lead developer of The Indie Stone's zombie game (thanks reddit). These statements were apparently followed by some drunken twitter ranting, which provoked an apology on Lemmy's Blog and the apparent deletion of Lemmy's Twitter account. There's an official statement on the Project Zomboid website, and here's a bit:

I won’t beat around the bush. The Indie Stone have just suffered a major set-back. The Newcastle flat where Lemmy and Binky live and work was burgled this evening, and so far the clearest things taken are two computers and Lemmy’s credit card.

Project Zomboid was regularly backed up from machine to machine, but rarely – sadly and infuriatingly – externally. We have lost an awful lot of work. Mash and Binky don’t even know this has happened yet.

Chris (Lemmy) is quite distressed to be honest – we’re still dealing with something that was discovered little over an hour ago. After his tweets on the subject we both agreed it’d be best if I wrote a blog here to calm fears. He clearly isn’t able to currently. (It’s also probably worth saying that there were no PZ player personal details etc. on the machines).

This will clearly severely delay the next update, which was very near completion. I personally only just finished my work on it today (one of the final things on the ‘to-do’ list) and had it ready for input tomorrow.

Project Zomboid, however, will come back stronger.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

25. Re: Project Zomboid Code Theft Oct 16, 2011, 22:52 Nate

LightAssassin wrote on Oct 16, 2011, 21:10:
Sounds like a group of people who have no idea how to manage themselves. I think they are in over their heads and should get somebody to be their business manager and PR person because they are awful at it.

They screwed up, and have done before (paypal issues and they were at fault, google checkout again with them at fault, and webhosting issues because they are too cheap). They talk about getting all these preorders and then complain about how expensive things are. By god did they do any budgeting, cost analysis or even simply check the price and requirements of what they need?

Not backing up was retarded on their behalf, and after people put their faith and prepaid for the game, they deserve the harsh words they are getting.

They claimed they had enough for 6 months development time from pre-orders, and then complain they don't have enough for their servers and everything associated with keeping them running. CDN setups are cheap via the big providers... this whole thing just appears so amateur.

True, true.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo