Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Portal 2 Free DLC Next Week

Valve announces an October 4th release of Peer Review, the promised free Portal 2 DLC, which will offer a new co-op campaign, a single player and co-op Challenge Mode, and Challenge Mode leaderboards for the Windows, OS X, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3 editions of the puzzle/platformer sequel. The DLC was scheduled for this past summer, making so it's right on schedule (Valve Time). Here's the announcement, which includes word that the final installment in the "Songs to Test By soundtrack on the Official Portal 2 Website:

September 29, 2011 -- Valve, creators of best-selling game franchises (such as Half-Life and Counter-Strike) and leading technologies (such as Steam and Source), today announced the free DLC update for its bestselling game franchise Portal 2 will be rolled out across all regions on Steam, Xbox LIVE and PSN starting October 4th. The free DLC, titled "Portal 2: Peer Review", is available to all owners of Portal 2 for download on PS3 and Xbox 360, and will be automatically downloaded via Steam on PC and Mac.

In "Peer Review", you and a friend will continue the story of loyal bots P-Body and Atlas as you puzzle your way through a mysterious new co-op test track and once again match wits with GLaDOS. The DLC also features a single player and co-op Challenge Mode, and leaderboards to compare Challenge Mode scores with friends and the Portal community.

To hold you over until the release next week, visit http://thinkwithportals.com/ for the final installment of the Portal 2 soundtrack Music to Test By.

Portal 2 is a hilariously mind-bending adventure that challenges you to use wits over weaponry in a funhouse of diabolical science. For more information on Steam, please visit http://www.steampowered.com.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

1. Re: Portal 2 Free DLC Next Week Sep 30, 2011, 15:15 mch

Arg! Same day as Dark Souls.

But I guess that works, since it says you "continue the story" of the co-op campaign, which I still haven't finished.

That's some good "mid-September" releasing! Ahh, Valve Time.

PSN: CaseDesignate
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo