The Dungeons Website
announces the North American release of The Dark Lord
, a standalone expansion for the good to be bad strategy game. The new release adds new features, including multiplayer play, as described here:
In Dungeons – The Dark Lord, players will craft elaborate dungeons, laden with traps, treasure and monsters, in an attempt to lure in hapless heroes. Once those heroes enter the dungeon, they'll become fodder for the torture racks of the Dungeon Lord and his friends. Dungeons – The Dark Lord adds a new campaign map, a new single-player storyline, additional prestige gimmicks and more importantly – multiplayer gameplay! Players will now be able to go head-to-head in various competitive modes, proving who is the most sinister gamer of all.
Dungeons - The Dark Lord is the sequel to the much-loved Dungeons, the game where the more evil you are, the better! In Dungeons - The Dark Lord, there’s a slew of exciting new features, including four-player multiplayer in three modes! Along with the addition of multiplayer modes such as Deathmatch and King of the Hill, there’s now the ability to play as some of the game’s popular bosses (Minos, The Dungeon Lord, the Zombie King and more) in multiplayer, along with the addition of an extensive single-player campaign, a new dungeon setting and lots of new dungeon gimmicks.
Features of Dungeons - The Dark Lord:
- Four multiplayer modes for up to four players: Deathmatch, King of the Hill, Survival and Piñata
- Entirely new, fully scripted and voiced single-player campaign
- New dungeon setting (ice crystal cave) with new graphics, unique dungeon gimmicks and a new boss monster – The Yeti
- Playable bosses in multiplayer modes (Minos, Zombie King, Calypso and Dungeon Lord)
- Various dungeon graphics sets and inventories are now available
- New set of skills specifically for multiplayer modes