Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine Patch

Steam News announces a new patch is automatically available for Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine with some changes and fixes for Relic's recently released sci-fi action/RPG. Here's the change list:

• Added mute all functionality and push to talk
  • Fixed 'butterfly' exploit.
  • Update matchmaking parameters to search for local matches longer.
  • Fixed a crash when cancelling a search
  • Fixed an issue where profile progress would not be saved properly if steam cloud was disabled.
  • Fixed an exploit where the player can move at high speeds when switching weapons with the Weapons Versatility perk equipped during multiplayer.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

18. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine Patch Sep 25, 2011, 16:34 theyarecomingforyou

Jerykk wrote on Sep 25, 2011, 15:42:
Eh? I thought it was pretty clear that this was an action game. The demo made it even more clear.
Have you even seen the media they've put out for this game?

Steam page:
Image 1, Image 2, Image 3, Image 4, Image 5

None of those give you any idea about the gameplay. Not one is an in-game screenshot. They're just designed to show off what the engine can achieve. And look at the launch trailer - that could just as easily be an in-game cinematic for Dawn Of War II. I have a keen interest in the franchise, I enjoyed the previous games and had been casually following Space Marine... and I had no idea what sort of game it was. You cannot ignore that this is a very different genre from the previous games, meaning they should take extra steps in the material that they release to make sure it is clear.

Relic / THQ aren't the only ones guilty of this, don't get me wrong. But compare the material put out by Bethesda for Skyrim, Metro: Last Light or Battlefield 3 - there is no confusion. THQ messed up.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo