Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

IW Doesn't Care if Three People Play MW3

Infinity Ward does not care at all how many people buy Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, the company's creative strategist Robert Bowling tells IGN, to the extent that he says: "we don't care if there are three people playing it or 30 million people playing it. If there are three people having a great time then we've done our job correctly and we will be happy." Of course if that's the case, this happiness will serve them well on the unemployment line, but the point he seems to be making is they are making the game they want to make: "We don't care about sales numbers, we don't care about competition, we don't care about beating anyone. Our 100 per cent focus is making a game that we're going to love to play, that we're going to be proud of, and that we know that our fans are going to play."

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

22. Re: IW Doesn't Care if Three People Play MW3 Sep 21, 2011, 23:08 Draugr

Ventura wrote on Sep 21, 2011, 22:43:
I mean look at Star Wars Episode I and how much money it generated, I think we can all agree it's the best of the movies, right?!

There was over a 15 year wait between Return of the Jedi and Phantom Menace. Be fair to say that the demand was up there for more Star Wars content, and that Ep 1 would have done well regardless of its quality.

We can start talking about games again though, anytime you're ready.

Which proves my point, quality and popularity are not synonymous, which was what you were arguing.

We are talking about games, and like other entertainment mediums, the umbrella games fall under, the rule of quality and popularity not being the same thing still stands.

Though, if you insist I use a example in gaming, Farmville.
Few games could claim more fame and popularity, but I think we'd all agree it's far from a quality title.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo