Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

IW Doesn't Care if Three People Play MW3

Infinity Ward does not care at all how many people buy Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, the company's creative strategist Robert Bowling tells IGN, to the extent that he says: "we don't care if there are three people playing it or 30 million people playing it. If there are three people having a great time then we've done our job correctly and we will be happy." Of course if that's the case, this happiness will serve them well on the unemployment line, but the point he seems to be making is they are making the game they want to make: "We don't care about sales numbers, we don't care about competition, we don't care about beating anyone. Our 100 per cent focus is making a game that we're going to love to play, that we're going to be proud of, and that we know that our fans are going to play."

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

13. Re: IW Doesn't Care if Three People Play MW3 Sep 21, 2011, 22:10 Parallax Abstraction

I'm sure Mr. Bowling will be thinking just that when he drives home in his high-end sports car to his massive house, both of which he got with the massive sales of Call of Duty (or maybe not since we have already seen how Kotick goes out of his way to actually pay people for making him millions). As others have said, if he truly cares about art rather than the money, he should go start an indie studio with no money. I frankly don't care if he and those at Infinity Ward are in it for the money. There's good money to be made and there's nothing wrong with that. But then to say you really don't care about the money and just want to make great art is incredibly pretentious.  
Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube (Watch/Rate/Comment on my shows!)
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo