Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC Details

The Eidos Montreal Tumblr Blog answers some fan-submitted questions to shed some light on The Missing Link, the upcoming DLC for Deus Ex: Human Revolution (thanks nin). This includes word that it will not be free, some details on characters, and more on what it involves. Here are some selected answers:

“The new characters are Netanya Keitner and Pieter Burke. Both work for Belltower Associates. More info on them soon! And while it is not essential in any way to have read The Icarus Effect, it is certainly a good idea to do so not only because the DLC has subtle references to it, but also because it’s a great novel, period.”

“The Missing Link, while it is narratively tied with the main game, will be a separate item on the main menu. That way you’ll be able to enjoy it no matter where your saves are in the main game.”

“The Missing Link will be paid downloadable content. We will reveal the price a bit later! And you can play the DLC from any point in the game.”

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

22. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC Details Sep 15, 2011, 05:43 Rockn-Roll

I'm looking forward to this...yes it's like a very short full-term Deus Ex: Human Revolution game...rebuilding everything from scratch. I wouldn't say that it gets stripped down again...because at the end of the DLC segment that part of the game figuratively ends. I suppose we could imagine that the pod itself has some sort of bio-electric functionality which, for safety reasons, disables the augmented circuitry while the passenger is in transit and stores the technological configuration for when the person wakes up at the end of the voyage. But, apparently Jensen wakes up before the voyage has completed and the pod can't restore Jensen's technology yet. He must then get some praxis kits on the ship and use them...then before the voyage ends he gets back into the pod and it restores his original augmentation. The only thing I don't like is another boss battle...running around shooting at the same enemy over and over and then later realize that there's a trick to ending it with less pain...not fun.

Uhm...though I would like to say that it's very strange for a developer to try to coax us into reading. I read mostly for relaxation or learning something that I can use...when it comes to having fun reading is the last thing on my mind.

Let's Rock!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo